Two birds of a feather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Traditions, Old and New

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!! The more T-Days I live through the more I realize it has to be my favorite holiday. You get to stuff your self and no one can think badly of you. You get to have fun with family. Lastly, it rings in the rest of the holiday season.
This year I am missing a few traditions. I miss pulling out my Christmas decorations in preparation of putting them up the day after. I miss the cool weather. I miss spending time with family. There are a couple of traditions I did get to indulge in and a few new or rather different traditions too. I was so happy to wake up and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It always makes me feel like a little kid and I always cry for some reason. (yes I know I'm a sap) We got to go to a wonderful turkey dinner. It wasn't with family, but it was with some really great friends. It was weird having T-Day dinner out by the beach in the heat, but it was fun and it will be one I never forget. There is one tradition I will not be missing this year Black Friday Shopping, but I think Johnny is feeling a little sad that we're missing it. I'm thankful I will be getting a full nights sleep tonight among many other things!
For some reason the computer won't let me upload my pictures, but I will post them as soon as I can.

1 comment:

  1. hooray! it was a good thanksgiving!

    ps. i feel like i haven't seen you all week. please come over soon so we can hang out. what are you doing saturday? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails