Two birds of a feather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, July 16, 2011

L&D

Today I went to the hospital for my birth class. It went really well. Even though I knew most of the things they told us (I had read all the material before hand) I did get some great info about breast feeding. Okay so now for the cool part. I was having contractions during the class and the teacher, who is the head L&D nurse for the hospital, decided it would be fun to use me to teach us how to keep track of our contractions. After the class she took us over to L&D to show us what is in the room and how everything works and what to expect. I was still having my contractions so she thought it would be fun to hook me up to the monitors to show us how to read them. This turned into a 4 hour hospital stay for me. My contractions were coming pretty frequently so they decided it would be best to monitor me and call my Doc and see what he wanted to do. So I was admitted and they did an exam on me and watched my contractions. I am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced, but baby is not engaged in my pelvis. The Doc decided it was best to stop the contractions and send me home. I was a little disappointed cause I thought maybe baby was coming, but it still was really cool to see how everything works at the hospital and get some information about if I was progressing or not. Everyone there is so nice and accommodating and I think when the time does come I will be very well taken care of. Now I am home and I took a long nap, cause the meds they gave me to stop the contractions made me feel really weird. Hopefully this little girl is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails