Two birds of a feather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Day After Yesterday

We yesterday was a great day! Johnny decided for our anniversary and before he disapears into the books he would take me to the beach. The bus ride there seemed to take forever. We got there and swam. There weren't really wave but the water was a perfect teal blue. I was so sad we didn't take the camera. After we swam we decided to just walk down the beach. I think we probably walked three miles. My legs are killing me now.
One of my biggest pet peeves is littering. I HATE when people just leave their garbage all over the place. It made me so sad that there was so much garbage in the water. Anything I saw I picked up. I am not a tree hugger by any means, but I do think we should take care of the earth and not throw trash everywhere. Its not that hard to throw stuff in the trash. I know some poeple probably thought I was a crazy person, but one person told me that it was a great thing I was doing it and she was glad people my age still care. That made me feel great and I didn't care about what those other people thought. If everyone just picked up THEIR trash the world would be a lot cleaner and more beautiful.
Johnny also took me out to eat at our favorite buffet. I will miss eating there. I ate SO much crab! Shout out to Kyojin! We will miss you when we' re gone.

3 comments:

  1. Beaches are Great aren't they! Im glad you had fun and got to eat at your favorite place! And glad you like crab! I absolutely HATE seafood, all of it, but I get some for my husband here and there. Shrimp that is stuff i dont have to touch HAHA! Anyway Tracy-That's really great that you picked up trash on the beach! I hate it so much when people litter too!! It's totally gross and horrible for the earth! It's good to know people actually do care about stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I had crab I was at your house and I have been hooked every since. I can't seem to get enough of it.
    That is GREAT that you were picking up trash! I remember when we would go to the San Pedro river mom would make us pick up 10 pieces of trash before we could play. I hate it when people litter, especially when there is a trash can not too far away. SO disrespectful!! Way to be a good example. I bet you anything no one was thinking anything negatively about you picking up trash. If anything, they probably had a lot of respect for you and will follow your example.
    Walking along hte beach is GREAT exercise!! I'm glad that Johnny likes the ocean like you do. Justin...not so much, unfortunately.
    happy anniversary again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Tracy this post just makes me so happy.

    First of all, I love how sweet Johnny is to you and the fun things you guys do together. That was so considerate of him and good for you to have that super fun date before his affair with books and studying. ;) (okay... maybe affair isn't the best word... before he's committed to passing his tests!)

    Second of all, walking 3 miles on the beach is harder than walking 3 miles anywhere else... that sand doesn't give you any extra bounce. I'll bet you burned a ton of calories and have some hot, muscular legs now!

    Third, YOU GO GIRL! I concur - no tree-hugging... but having a little integriy never hurt anyone! So WAY TO SHOW INTEGRITY and not care what people thought. I'd probably feel guilty if I saw someone doing that and think, "Wow, that's really big of them!"

    Fourth, I can't really say I've had crab, other than crab rangoon (which I LOVE). But I'm glad you guys got to eat at your favorite buffet.

    And I'm BUMMED you forgot your camera!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails