Two birds of a feather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Housing Department.

If you want to hear a nice pleasant story you should probably skip this one. I have been having the hardest time finding a place to rent in Dominica. I heard it was a pain so I don't know why I was shocked by it. So I had this list of places I wanted to rent. They were all available on the Ross website, but I had heard that the website availability is never right. I decided to call the housing department and book them(if they were in fact available) over the phone. I called, stated the reason for my call, was transferred, it didn't help I could barley understand their accents, and again stated the reason for my call. The lady told me that I could just go to the website and book them. I told her I was told by others to just call and get it done. Then she told me everything could just be done through the website so go there and then she hung up. So I followed her instructions and went and booked them on the website. Once you book a place you are supposed to be contacted by the landlord and sent the lease to sign. Guess what they were not available. The land lords wrote and let me know they were already taken. There were some apartments I liked that were not available, but the only way to find out if a place is actually available is to call the housing department, but they won't talk to you. How is anybody supposed to find an apartment in these conditions? Anyway, its probably not as bad as I think it is, but I'm really frustrated with it. I vented to my sponsor and she found a place that we are thinking we are going to rent. I'm just trying to get a lease from him, but now I have to call the housing department to get the lease. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

1 comment:

  1. GOOD LUCK!! I hate it when people send you back and forth..back and forth. What a pain, I know. Somehow it will all work out. It always does. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails