Two birds of a feather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

26 weeks and finally a real doctors visit!


What I'm feeling this week.
  1. Braxton Hicks Contractions- I have been feeling them for awhile now, but didn't realize thats what they were.
  2. Middle Back Pain- This last week it has been really bad. I'm fine until about 4 in the afternoon and then it hurts so bad I cant breathe.
  3. Charlie Horses- They are back. I hadn't had any for awhile, but they are back and like to hit in the morning when I wake up.
  4. Tired- as always. I am sleeping better during the night, but I still am really tired and want a nap. I don't take one though cause I get tired at about 5 and that seems a little late to start a nap.

Well the 26 week mark is here. Now that I'm back in America it is finally time to get ready for this little girl. I had an appointment on Monday. I was expecting it meet my doctor, but he was out of town...again. We did meet with the visiting doctor and found out he may be the one to deliver the baby anyway, since Dr. Portner will be at a wedding the week before my due date.
The appointment went well and they decided that they wanted me to get an ultrasound, so today we did. She is growing nicely and was moving all over the place. The ultrasound tech said she had never had a baby move so much. She was blinking and opening and closing her mouth, which was the cutest thing ever! She was also being very difficult. The tech was trying to get a 3d picture of her face, but she had both her hands, and sometimes one of her feet, in front of her face the whole time. After the ultrasound we went to the maternity ward at the hospital and took a tour. The nurses were so nice and very helpful and put to rest a lot of my worries. They really focus on keeping the mother and baby together as much as possible. They said they will give the baby directly to me and let me hold her for a few minutes before taking here away. They also will give her back to me as soon as I'm done with the afterbirth to breastfeed. They leave the baby in the room with me at all times unless I want to have a break. They also are very willing to let me
move around, use and exercise ball, and even sit in a jacuzzi tub during labor. The hospital also has free child birth classes, which is very good news. I feel a lot better about the fact that I had no options on where I was going to deliver, since everything there is really nice.


4 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm glad things went well with the tour and that it's a good place to birth. That is an important worry to put to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! love love LOVE these pictures and the story. she is SO cute! are you already in love? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! for you and America and for the DR. extravaganza- hope all of the "what I'm feeling" things improve ;) ps C U T E baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eat a banana and drink a glass of milk before bed, Charlie horses are often an indication of that your potassium/calcium are low.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails