Two birds of a feather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Biggest surprise!


Yesterday started out like any other day. I had a few things planned: take Johnny lunch, meet with my visiting teachers, hang out with Katie at the CAC, go to a movie with Johhny, just regular stuff. So it time to go meet with my visiting teachers, so I headed down to the CAC. I got there and found Cassi. She told me Paige and Sindy would be there in a little so we sat and talked a little. Soon she got a text and she said Sindy was down stairs. We decided to go down there and meet so it would "be quieter". We headed down we walked in the door and I got a huge shock. The room was filled with all my friends. I was confused and first, I thought maybe they were having and RSO meeting that had slipped my mind, but then they yelled, "Surprise!".

I couldn't believe it! It was a baby shower for me. I have to admit I was getting pretty sad about thinking that I wasn't going to get a shower with my girlfriends. My time here on the island is coming to an end, and I hadn't had anyone say anything about throwing one for me. I knew my mother-in-love would have one for me, but I knew I would miss not having all my friends with me. I felt so much love walking in that room. I was surprised that everyone was there(except Meagan, but I understand she was home sick, she is pregnant too).

We had a great time. The girls from the branch brought some great food, and Katie and Brandi had some fun games planned. I had a great time. Thank you all for the planning, and for coming. It made me feel so special!


3 comments:

  1. That is the SWEETEST thing that you got a baby shower! I am so happy for you! Sounds like you have a lot of sweet girl friends. :D Did you get some gifts too, or was it just lots of games and food and great company? You totally deserved to be spoiled like that. And you get another baby shower in Colorado?! How awesome is that!???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails