Two birds of a feather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 16, 2011

One week down, who knows how many more to go.



Last week was uneventful. I was home alone everyday because Mary was subbing at school. Life improved as soon as people were back in the house. I've never liked being in an empty house, its to quiet.
The weekend was nice. Lamar was celebrating its 125th Birthday so they had a carnival and parade and stuff. It was so nice to get out of the house and have something to do. Rebekah also had a garage sale she was helping with to raise money to go to girls camp so I spent time there with her and Mary. There were lots of baby clothes and I picked up some sleepers and the cutes baby shoes that have never been worn. I also spent a lot of time over at my new friends Aubrey's house. She has two little girls and a new baby boy. It was fun to go play with them and give her somewhat of a break from her kids.

Today was eventful. It is nice to have Mary in the house and not be by myself all day. We kinda just lazed around the house and watched tv and talked during the morning. Mary decided she wanted to go out for lunch so we got ready and headed to a little Mexican place. It was so yummy. We talked about our first dates with our husbands. She knew a lot about mine and Johnny's, but I knew nothing about her and John's. It was fun to hear about him and his wonderful dorkyness. Living here and watching Johnny's dad has given me new perspective on why Johnny is how he is. They are so much alike. John will do something and I will think for a second that he is Johnny, its so weird. After our wonderful lunch we headed to a little consignment shop and looked around. Of course we ended up at the baby clothes and couldn't walk away without getting some stuff. I HAD to get this little pig outfit for her. I remember having a little pig dress as a girl that I loved and rarely took off. Had to get it for her!

(Sorry this one turned out crummy, I promise its super cute!)

We came home and I spent the rest of the afternoon with Mary planning stuff for my upcoming baby shower. I think it is going to be super cute and super fun. After I ate dinner I talked with Johnny as usual, but we stayed on for way to long. I may have deprived him of precious sleep, but I think we both thought it was worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Man I can't imagine how hard it probably is being away from Johnny for so long, but it will all be worth it when you have that cute little baby girl here (and safely) :) Can't wait for you, you are getting so close!!! P.S. I think Shane definitely misses you in nursery!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails