Two birds of a feather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saying goodbye


So Johnny left yesterday. We headed to Denver on Thursday so we didn't have to wake up at 2 am to get Johnny to the airport on Friday. We went and stayed up in Estes Park and we had a great time. We walked around all the shops (most were closed) and went to the Stanley hotel. When we got to our resort we swam in the heated pool and sat in the hot tub and just relaxed. The drive to the airport seemed like it took days. I of course was a baby and was crying most of the time. I had been dreading that day for a long time. We got there and said our goodbyes. It was hard and I just wanted him to keep holding me, but life has to go on and he left with his suitcase through the airport doors. Mary was so sweet and decided to take me and the kids to breakfast and get me some hot chocolate. We had decided to register for baby stuff while we were in town, but the Babies-R-Us we planned to go to was a dump in a crappy part of town when we got there, so we decided we would stop at one in Colorado Springs on the way home. We got there and were so happy that we decided to go. I got all registered and then we headed over to the mall. I got some cute maternity shirts and a couple of nursing bras! It was so nice to be able to shop for maternity stuff. It was a great detracting day. There were a few times I was shopping and would think where did Johnny run off to this time (he has a tendency to lose himself in stores), but then I would remember he is gone. Its going to take me awhile to get used to him not being here I think.

Hubby I love you and promise I will do to keep this updated so you can see how me and little baby are doing so you don't have to worry about us. We are in good hands!

3 comments:

  1. You didn't really get in a hot tub did you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( Im Sorry he is gone! How long are you guys going to be apart?! I hope time flies for you and it will once the baby comes! You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch. I know how much this sucks. I'm so sorry. ps - don't use the nursing bras, you'll probably have to exchange them for a different size. you'll be surprised what happens to your bod!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails