Two birds of a feather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

Why is having good credit a bad thing?





So Johnny and I woke up this morning and went to do our laundry, my absolute favorite thing to do. It was nice to spend some time with him though. I thought I would put a picture of the laundry mat we go to so you can see it. Also a couple of us getting happy hour drinks at Sonic.
Okay now for the exciting part of our day! We bought a lap top! It is really nice and it was on sale so we saved a little on it to. Now for the credit story. We had the money to buy it but not the warranty we wanted, so we thought "get a line of credit." We figured we were going to need to have a credit card eventually anyway, so why not right? Well Johnny applied. We were denied. We applied jointly, denied. Finally we had to apply for a higher interest one, and it finally worked! We totally didn't understand why we were denied. Last year we took out a loan for the specific purpose to establish credit so when we needed a credit card or buy a car or a house we would have good credit! So I ask again why is it so bad to have good credit?

Okay so I was reading one of my friends blogs and she did this as her first post and I thought I would copy her cause it was so cute so here it goes, Johnny and my story. ( Sorry Lisa I couldn't resist! You copied me first, Right?)

We met in our church in October of 2006. When I met him I kind of thought he was a dork, and I wasn't interested anyway because I wanted to go on a mission for my church. So the weekend before Thanksgiving we both happened to be at a get together some friends were having. We probably hadn't spoken more than two sentences to each other ever before, but that night we were joined by our mutual need to go see the new James Bond movie. After the party he was kind enough to walk me up the one flight of stairs to my apartment, and ask me to go see the movie with him at my earliest convenience. Needless to say I called the next morning. We went to a Thanksgiving dinner that USU was having then headed off to the theater. Neither of us had looked up the time the movie was playing so we had an hour to kill. We got a shake and shared it and our likes and dislikes. We also had that conversation most couples have after three months of dating. We didn't want to play any dating games. If we liked each other we would let each other know. Thats exactly what happened. I think we probably knew we wanted to get married about two weeks after our first date. We were meant for each other and there was no reason in our minds to postpone the inevitable. We were engaged at Christmas and married on March 10, 2007.
We lived in Logan, Utah until he graduated from USU. Then we moved here to Salt Lake and are awaiting our next adventure, whatever it may be.

1 comment:

  1. You're so cute! You copy away as MUCH as you like! I'm flattered! I loved reading your story of how you met. :)
    Hopefully you will still get to serve a mission. Thank goodness for older couple missions, huh?
    Ohh...be careful with that credit card! It's good to establish credit but whew, those suckers can be nasty if you don't pay them off right away. Hopefully you two don't have any debt and if you don't, don't start now! We are STILL paying off credit card junk from when we first got married. NO FUN!
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails