Two birds of a feather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Indian and the Ocean




Monday we had our first real rain. It pored! We were planning on going on the Indian River trip, but with the rain we weren't sure. We did go. It had slowed down and we figured what the heck we were already drenched, and I'd rather be drenched in rain than sweat. I was a really nice relaxing boat ride. We got to see where the cabin from Pirates 2 had been. The river does have this spooky kind of feel so it was great for the movie. There is a bar at the end of the tour and we decided to get a coconut. We got ripped off for the time on the island. The guy charged us double what he charged the to bikini clad girls in front of us. The milk inside tasted a little weird so we were also disappointed by that. Overall we had a good time though.


Tuesday I went to Roseau. It is the capital of our little island. I had a great time getting to know Kristy and Kayleen a little more. Roseau has a little better selection for shopping, but the prices are about the same. If you go on the free trips I think its worth it, but I don't think it would be if you paid for a transport down there. There was a Carnival cruise ship in port when we got there. It made me want to go on a cruise so bad! It also brought all the vendors out so the shopping was a little more exciting.
Time has been going by here. We have been here a week and it feels like we have been here forever and for no time at all. Johnny is anxious to start school. He went to some of the orientation, but it was mostly boring. The semester schedule and grading are worth going to, but he said there was no point to the rest. Anything with free food is worth it too! The welcome BBQ was good. They had Coke that I couldn't resist!
Yesterday we went snorkeling and had a wonderful time. I didn't stay in for very long. I kept making myself nervous. I watched Jaws the other day. We went out further than we have before and it was pretty deep. I just kept thinking, " its deep enough a shark could swim here". Horrible I know! we did see some really cool fish. The farther out you go the cooler the sea life gets. I was just swimming along and I saw what I thought was a really cool plant. Then I looked closer and the plant had eyes and gills. It was an octopus!!! It was white and had dark purple tentacles. It took Johnny awhile to see it. It was really camouflage!

I want you all to know we are doing well here. It is hot, I crave things I can't eat and the miquetoes think I am their only source of food, but all is well. We miss everyone. If it is possible please get skype so we can talk. Everyone and any one is invited to come visit this beautiful island. Just make sure you are willing to sweat and hike hills you think will kill you before you reach the top.

2 comments:

  1. yay for your blog! so many fun entries to come... pretty pics too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous! Thanks for all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails