Two birds of a feather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Life on Dominica

So life on Dominica is slowing down (not that is was fast in any way). I have found myself very bored on two separate occasions. My life consists of waking up, saying goodbye to my wonderful husband, watching tv or cooking bread/tortillas, taking Johnny lunch, hoping someone is going to the beach or pool or some other cool adventure and then going home and waiting for my wonderful man to come home so he can eat and get right back to studying. Eventhough the days are filled with sweet nothings the time is flying by. We have almost been here a month!! Is that crazy or is it just me? We only get eighteen of them and one is almost gone, behind me......forever. I realize I will never be able to get this awesome time in my life back. I am really living for the present. Anyone that knows me personally knows I'm always looking ahead so this is a big deal for me. I really love it here though it seems I am one of the few. Everywhere I go I hear others talking about what we don't have here, or how much walking they have had to do, and maybe I'm low maintenance, or maybe I'm just easy going, but all I can think is "so what". ( I do want to exclude all my friends that have children, cause I can't imagine go through this with a child or five, shout out to the Seymours.) Don't get me wrong its hard. I want somethings so bad I can taste them i.e. Salt and vinegar potato chips (oh my mouth is watering), but I CAN live without. Life here is good. And what better people and what better doctors you will be for having lived through it. It is worth more than a bag of chips any day!

4 comments:

  1. Agreed! Being low-maintenance really comes in handy, you'll enjoy the whole experience so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think you should look into doing some online gen-ed courses through BYU...then you can study together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im proud of you for having a positive attitude and 'living in the present'. Being grateful for the little things can be very helpful. I also second Heather's comment as we have discussed before.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails