Two birds of a feather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Half way there!


Week 20 has brought some new experiences. I went on a trip down to Roseau on Monday and it was not a good day. I was in a lot of pain. The road to Roseau is rough to say the least and I don't know what was different this time from when I went for the ultrasound, but I had a hard time handling it. My back was on fire, my pelvic area was in pain and I kept getting these really sharp pains on my left side and down my leg. I got home and went to bed hoping a little rest would help, but when I woke up on Tuesday I was still feeling horrible. I spent the day in bed hoping rest would help. On Wednesday morning I was feeling slightly better, but that afternoon I was woken up from my nap by the sharp pain in my side. The next four hours were torture. I was really worried that it may be contractions or something else was wrong, so I called the school's EMS. They had me come in and the doctor gave me some pain medicine and said to come back in the morning and they would do an exam on me. I went yesterday to the doctors still in a lot of pain and she put me on bed rest and told me to go to Portsmouth the next day and get an ultrasound to see if the baby was doing okay. We went this morning and everything with our baby girl looks good. I'm also feeling a lot better today. I'm really tired and still a little soar, but the sharp pains in my side are gone. The doctor thinks the trip just set off some ligament pain. Most women get ligament pain around this time, but most just have slight discomfort where as others have extreme pain. I apparently am one of the latter. I'm glad to be feeling better and its great to know this hasn't hurt my little girl in any way.
I want to thank all the amazing girls here on the island that have been so helpful and kind the last few days. Thank you for listening and thank you for all the help with the kids festival. I don't know what I would have done this week without your help.

1 comment:

  1. yikes!!! i am so glad to hear you're doing better and that the baby is fine. stuff like that can be so scary.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails