Two birds of a feather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Beach with the Taylors


Yesterday we went to the beach with the Taylors. Johnny and David had just finished a quiz so we though it would be a good diversion from school. We went to Key Biscayne. I we so different from south beach. The water was calm and clear. I think it was perfect for the kids. It was great for snorkeling as well. Johnny found some cool critters, and we saw a few fish too. It sounds really funny but one of the fish looked like an ocean fish. It was triangle shaped and weird. Johnny found a hermit crab and a live sand dollar. Rachel really liked me spinning her around in the water. I had fun making a sand pyramid with Matt and Katie.
I know this is really off subject but have any of you had people take random pictures of you? Last Saturday I was climbing a tree and this guy I don't know took a picture of me up in the tree. Then later that day somebody took a picture of Johnny at the beach. It was very weird. Its like they had never seen some one at the beach or climb a tree before.
Well Johnny only has one more day and then it is Christmas break. Its sad because it doesn't feel like Christmas. We aren't really doing the present thing either. we are trying to save our money because I'm a little nervous about how much its going to cost us to move to Dominica. I also am missing all the Christmas goodies. I miss mom's raspberry filling cookies. I need the recipe mommy! Katie gave us some cookies today and I'm very excited to eat them. Thanks Katie!

1 comment:

  1. Christmas in Florida would be very strange. Does any part of you miss the snow, just because it makes Christmas more Christmasy?
    I really wish we lived near each other because we could be beach buddies! When we lived in CA Justin never went to the beach with me (he's not the biggest fan).
    Last year we didn't really have a Christmas either..as far as presents go..So i feel ya.
    I am SO GLAD that you have made some good friends there!!!
    Keep up your blog like you have. I check it out EVERYday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails