Two birds of a feather

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Everglades

Well yesterday we went to the Everglades. Johnny really wanted to go but we didn't know how we were going to do it seeing as we don't have a car here. Then low and behold the Taylors asked if we wanted to go with them! So we did. I was thinking MAYBE we will see an alligator or two. I mean I didn't think alligators are the kinds of animals you just happen to see out in the wild, but they are when your in the Everglades. We saw probably 15-20 alligators. Its so funny they look like they are made of plastic. Some were REALLY close to the fence. if you wanted you could have probably touched a couple of them. I didn't have the heart or the funds. If you got caught playing or messing with one the fine could be up to $5,000. So I think that deters people even though they are within reach.
While we were there was took a tour of the Nike Missile Base. Apparently nobody aside from the government knew it was there until a few years ago. Its an abandoned base from the Cuban Missile Crisis. It was pretty cool to go learn a little more about that time. I know Johnny really enjoyed it. He loves history!
So my picture don't want to load. I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails